Saturday 17 November 2007

Join My Facebook Group.

It's called the 'Boo Ritson Appreciation Society'.

I absolutely adore this woman's art work, I really, really do. If I had the dough I would buy one of her paintings. They do look more like sculptures, but they're not, they are actually paintings.

Thank you Boo, I love your work.

Boo Ritson paints people, but not on canvas or on board – she literally coats people with paint. Presented as photographs, Ritson’s portraits are a double masquerade: her subjects coated in sticky disguise, and the documentary image a surrogate representation of the tangible painterly, sculptural, and performative qualities of work. By using photography Ritson capitalises on the associations of snapshot memory and filmic narrative, with each of her characters playing out readily recognisable stereotypes.

No comments: